Friday, November 21, 2008

Unfortunate change of plans

Our original plans for this Thanksgiving was to have dinner with my family at my cousin, Dave's house up in Chickamauga, Georgia. Since it is within a 30-minute drive of Lookout Mountain Robert and I were just going to get hotel reservations in Chattanooga, spend the day with the family and then go to Rock City's Enchanted Gardens of Light that evening. We decided that it would be too much to try and make the trip up and back home in one day and that spending the night would be the best idea. Naturally I wouldn't even think of asking my cousin to stay at his house and even if I had the nerve I wouldn't because his younger siblings probably have dibs on any of the extra rooms in his house. Then there's what to do with the dogs...I doubt they'd be welcome to run around the house and there's a great chance one of them (Bailey) would slip out when no one was looking. Well....that was what we WANTED to do but unfortunately our bank account is a dry hole and we don't have the money to stay in a hotel or go to Rock City. We don't even have the money to go buy the fixins for our own dinner either so we've decided to go Robert's parents house instead. It's only fair really since we spent Turkey Day with my family last year. I know that there are a lot of my family members who want to see Skylar for the first time and they will be disappointed because we're not going to attend but there will be other times to visit. I know that my dogs are welcome at Mom & Dad's and the house isn't too big to keep track of the three little ones. Plus we can stay the night for free and don't have to worry about paying for a hotel. And we always enjoy the time we spend up there so it'll all work out for the best. Skylar's first Thanksgiving will be spent with Momma, Daddy, Grandma, Peepaw & Aunt Carolyn & Uncle Richard. Uncle Richard is frying a turkey for us this year. It's supposed to be a clear day so hopefully he'll do it outside in the driveway and not in the garage. I'm looking forward to it because I have never had a deep fried turkey before. Yummy! Robert and I are taking my delicious corn casserole and homemade pumpkin cheesecake. Most everyone knows that I make the best dern cheescakes EVER...either because I've told them how good they are or because they have been lucky enough to actually taste them. I've never made a pumpkin cheesecake before so I hope this one comes out good. I may garnish it with whipped cream and sugared pecans...not sure yet because I'd have to sugar the pecans myself and I know I won't have time to do that. As it is I will only be able to get the cheesecake made tonight if Robert keeps the Peanut busy so I can monkey around in the kitchen. It really wouldn't take too much more effort for me to bake two of them. Maybe I will make a chocolate one with Heath bar crumbles on the top. I know that one would be really good. Wow....I am totally making myself hungry so I need to stop talking about food. Next year I am hoping to have Turkey Day dinner at my house. That is unless it's going to snow in Blairsville and that's where I'll be!

Speaking of snow.....it's supposed to snow on Monday up at Mom & Dad's. This totally sucks because I won't be there Monday...just Thursday and Friday. I'm kinda bummed that we won't be able to go out and take advantage of all the Black Friday sales this year. Being poor is awful. I know that God will provide and meet our needs as long as we don't blow our money on things we really don't need. I just can't see Him blessing us financially if we blow our money on things we have no business buying. I'm not looking forward to my paychecks being cut by $150 every two weeks starting in January. Our insurance for Robert, myself and the baby is going to cost us $300 a month but that will be medical, dental and life insurance. The good thing is that our co-pay for the urgent care clinic that's right next to our subdivision is only $25 so we can go there when we get sick. I have to find us a new physician as the one we had decided that he wanted to dump his practice and open a "consierge type" practice where you can get same day or next day appointments. He sent out a letter saying that he was extending the invitation to be a part of his new practice to his existing patients and only had room for 500 patients and that if we wanted to be a part of it we would have to pay $1800 a year to be a member. Is he freaking out of his mind? That is a man that is all about the money....not about his patient's care. That gives him an extra $900,000 a year on top of all the co-pays he collects and what the insurance companies pay him. So what that I'd have access to him 24/7 via e-mail or phone! That would be $150 extra a month (just for one of us) on top of our insurence premiums and co-pays for medical care we wouldn't even be using every single day. If I was sick and at the doctor's office several times a month it might be worth it but to pay $1800 to see him twice a year....Matthew J. Britton is out of his freaking mind! Yeah, I just put his name out there. Maybe if that pompous fathead GOOGLES himself he'll find some people like me out there who are really ticked off at him. All of his patients couldn't have been rich Alpharetta/Johns Creek snobs. There have to be regular shmos out there like me.

Okay....I guess I'll get off my soap box now and hush for the day. Here's a recent video I took of the Peanut. Enjoy!

No comments: