Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day 2008

I'm a day late posting but we just got home.

Yesterday we went to the North Georgia mountains to Robert's parents for dinner. The turkey was SO delicious! I only had a slice and a half...now I wish I had eaten a little more. Mom's dressing and rolls and pecan pie were good. I tried green bean casserole for the first time too...it was pretty good. A lot better than I thought it would be. All these years I have never bothered trying it because I was afraid I wouldn't like it but I did. My corn casserole was yummy and my cheesecake was too. Or at least everyone else thought so. Because it had pumpkin in it the consistancy of the cheesecake wasn't the same as what I am used and it didn't taste cheesecakey enough so it definitely was not one of my favorites.

I went to bed last night just after 6:00pm. I was freezing cold and felt fevery so I crawled into the bed with my clothes on and three blankets on me with the intentions of just getting warmed up but I never got up because I was too comfortable. I got up at 5:00am and heated a bottle and made Robert go outside with me to let the dogs out. He went out into the yard with them and I stood bare-footed on the back porch which was covered with ice crystals. Needless to say I was freezing once again. A hot shower warmed me up but it was temporary....the cold set back into my bones 15-minutes later. It had to have been me because I was the only one that was cold. Maybe I need to boost my iron.


On the way home we stopped at Wal Mart and braved the Black Friday crowds. All we bought was a bumbo seat for Skylar, some wipes and a couple of cans of formula. We can't afford to buy anything for Christmas this year...especially for each other. The baby will have a couple of toys to open that we bought her a couple of months ago. I'm feeling sort of lazy and not sure if I want to put forth the effort of putting up a tree but it's my daughter's first Christmas. I know she won't remember it but I will and we want to have pictures for the record anyway.

Well, she's fussing so I've gotta go.....

No comments: